First look at the Husqvarna Dual Sport 2022 lineup (5 quick facts)
The Husqvarna Dual Sport 2022 range is simple: you have the choice between the FE 501 and FE 350. The main difference is in the powertrains. The 501s have a four-valve SOHC engine, while the 350s have a four-valve DOHC top end. Plus, the 350s carry about a quarter less fuel than the 501s and weigh four pounds more at the curb.
Both are getting updates for 22, so let’s take a first look at the Husqvarna 2022 dual sport lineup.
- Braktec takes care of the hydraulics of the Husqvarna 2022 bisport motorcycles. Braktec started as a supplier of test bikes seen in 2012 and expanded into the dual sport world last year. J.Juan, the parent company of Braktec in Spain, produces hydraulic brake and clutch systems for a wide variety of European motorcycle manufacturers, as well as CFMoto in China and Indian in the United States.
- Wave GSK discs are used on the 501 and 350. GSK Chongqing Auto Parts is based in China.
- The WP Xact suspension gets a massage for 2022. There is a new cartridge seal in the fork tubes to provide a bit more damping. The shock gets softer seals for the shock valves to make the damping more consistent while giving the rider a better feel of the rear. With these suspension mods, the damping of the WP suspension components has been adjusted to match the new parts.
- White is the dominant color in the Husqvarna 2022 dual sport range. There are Rugged Gray graphics, which are complemented by Eclectic Yellow inflections.
- We do not yet have an arrival date for the two Husqvarna 2022 bisport motorcycles. However, the prices are in the combined datasheet.
We tested the Husqvarna FE 501 S.
Action photography by Rudi Schedl
2022 Husqvarna FE 501s (and FE 350s) Specifications
- Type: 4-stroke single cylinder
- Bore x stroke: 95 x 72 mm; (350s: 88 x 57.5 mm)
- Displacement: 511 cc; (350s: 350cc)
- Refueling: Keihin EFI with 42mm throttle body
- Valve drive: SOHC 4-valve (350s: DOHC 4-valve)
- Transmission: 6 speed
- Clutch: DDS with Braktec hydraulics
- Final drive: X-ring chain
- Frame: chromoly steel double central cradle
- Subframe: polyamide / carbon fiber
- Front suspension; Travel: Fully adjustable WP Xact 48mm inverted fork; 11.8 inch
- Rear suspension; travel: WP Xact shock absorber assisted by fully adjustable linkage; 11.8 inch
- Tires: Continental Twinduro TKC 80
- Front tire: 90/90 x 21
- Rear tire: 120/90 x 18
- Front brake: 260mm Wave GSK disc with Braktec hydraulics
- Rear brake: 220mm Wave GSK disc with Braktec hydraulics
- ABS: none
DIMENSIONS and CAPACITIES
- Wheelbase: 58.9 inches
- Rake: 26.5 degrees
- Triple clamp offset: 22mm
- Ground clearance: 14.2 inches
- Seat height: 37.4 inches
- Fuel capacity: 2.4 gallons (350s: 2.2 gallons)
- Curb Weight: 253 lbs (350: 257 lbs)
- White color
Husqvarna FE 501s 2022 price: $ 11,899 MSRP
2022 Husqvarna FE 350s Price: $ 11,499 MSRP