Arizona Express Dual Sport Ride – November 16-21, 2021
As winter begins to set in, you don’t need to look any further than Arizona for your dual sport adventure solution. An extra layer at the start of the morning will likely be lost as the day progresses and with the possibility of fairly sparse precipitation, sunny conditions, and midwinter highs in the low 70s, the center of l Arizona gives you ideal driving time.
MotoDiscovery, one of the oldest motorcycle tour operators in the world organizing motorcycle tours and expeditions around the world since 1981, wowed Arizona with 5-day midwinter and early winter tours. spring from Phoenix. You can use your own motorcycle, however, MotoDiscovery recently opened a rental operation in Phoenix, making the “fly-n-ride” a quick and convenient getaway to the sun and magic of the American Southwest.
The region offers the kind of equestrian diversity that mixed riders and adventurers are looking for. Expect to explore the deserts among the forests of giant saguaro cacti, but your day will also include adventures in and around the surrounding mountains. The terrain offers a certain degree of challenge, so this one is not recommended for the novice off-road rider and small to medium sized bikes are ideal. Riding in this region requires being prepared for the unexpected, as the remoteness can find you in unforgiving circumstances. MotoDiscovery provides experienced support and advice so you can just enjoy the ride.
- Travel through sections 1 and 2 of the Arizona Backcountry Discovery Route (AZBDR).
- Observe thousands of huge saguaro cacti (up to 40 feet tall) in the Sonoran Desert.
- Climb to the top of Mount Lemmon and take the historic Redington Pass.
- Visit and stay in the historic mining towns of Bisbee and Globe, Arizona.
- Visit the unique artist community of Patagonia, AZ
- Travel the epic 2-track roads through the Mount Wrightson wilderness.
- Travel scenic 2-track roads along the Mexican border through the Coronado National Forest.
- Discover great a la carte dining, fun accommodations and the best service, spread over 4 days of driving, it’s the perfect driving adventure and great value for money.
- Limited to 8 (eight) participants.
A horseback getaway in the middle of winter is much easier than you might think. For more information and registration click here.