2022 KTM 350 EXC-F and 500 EXC-F Dual Sport updates announced
A few days after Husqvarna announced updates to its bisport lineup, KTM followed suit by unveiling some changes for the 2022 EXC lineup. After gradual steps with the development of the chassis and the engine over the last three years, the big news for the latest generation dual sport models is a new suspension package.
KTM worked with the WP suspension to update the production settings of the WP XPLOR forks and shocks for a firmer, sportier feel. The change also includes new material for improved damping, increased grip and better overall performance. XPLOR forks come with reduced friction thanks to updated outer tubes, a polished spring for less oil pollution, and a reworked top cartridge screw connection to improve rebound damping. The PDS damper now features a new O-ring that is less prone to warping, wear and fading, while the new settings provide better resistance to pitting.
Dual sport KTM EXC-F models are known to be reliable, accessible and thrilling fuel-injected machines. The popular KTM 500 EXC-F dual sport is in the spotlight with its excellent power-to-weight ratio, while the KTM 350 EXC-F has become a leading dual sport model in its class due to its type 250 agility and its 450 -like power. Since its debut in 2012, the 350 EXC-F has gained significantly in performance and torque, as well as handling and agility.
KTM’s READY TO RACE mantra guides the development of its off-road machines, and the efforts of racers like Manuel Lettenbichler and Josep Garcia help sculpt the machines that put them in the hands of riders around the world. For 2022, KTM has further accentuated this link with the competition with new graphics incorporating blue colors and a blue seat, both inspired by the KTM Factory equipment.
Highlights of the 2022 KTM 500 EXC-F and 350 EXC-F
- UPDATED WP XPLOR forks with sportier suspension settings include a new oil bypass in the outer fork tubes to reduce friction, a new compression cartridge with a 2mm hole instead of four holes 6mm for extra rebound damping and new polished springs to ensure clean fork fluid.
- The updated WP XPLOR rear shock with Progressive Damping System (PDS) technology features new settings to match fork performance and a new taper bushing between the rear shock pistons to improve bottom reserve while A new, softer main shock O-ring reduces discoloration.
- NEW graphics incorporating blue colors and a blue saddle inspired by Factory bikes.
- The high-tech, lightweight chrome-molybdenum steel frame with carefully calculated flex parameters provides an excellent blend of comfort, stability and precision.
- The one-piece cast aluminum swingarm is manufactured using a gravity die casting production process, providing exceptional strength at the lowest possible weight.
- Lightweight crankcases with a center shaft configuration bring the crankshaft closer to the bike’s center of gravity for lightweight handling and quick responsiveness.
- Reinforced clutch cover for better impact resistance in rocky terrain.
- The 6-speed wide transmission is perfectly suited for on-road and off-road driving.
KTM EXC 2022 models will be available at authorized KTM dealers from this month. The MSRP of the 500 EXC-F and 350 EXC-F is $ 11,799 and $ 11,399 respectively, up $ 200 from last year’s models.
KTM 350 EXC-F and 500 EXC-F 2022 specifications
|Model:||350 EXC-F||500 EXC-F|
|Type of engine:||Single cylinder, 4 stroke||Single cylinder, 4 stroke|
|Shift:||349.7 cm3||510.9 cm3|
|Bore / Stroke:||88 / 57.5mm||95/72 mm|
|Entrance:||Electric, Lithium Ion 12 V 2 Ah||Electric, Lithium Ion 12 V 2 Ah|
|Transmission:||6 speeds, wide gear||6 speeds, wide gear|
|Fuel system:||Keihin EFI, 42mm||Keihin EFI, 42mm|
|Lubrication:||Pressure lubrication with 2 pumps||Pressure lubrication with 2 pumps|
|Cooling:||Liquid cooling||Liquid cooling|
|Clutch:||Wet multi-disc DDS clutch, Brembo Hydraulics||Wet multi-disc DDS clutch, Brembo Hydraulics|
|Ignition:||Keihin EMS||Keihin EMS|
|Framework:||Central Steel Double Cradle Type 25CrMo4||Central Steel Double Cradle Type 25CrMo4|
|Handlebar:||NEKEN, Aluminum Ã 28/22 mm||NEKEN, Aluminum Ã 28/22 mm|
|Front suspension:||WP XPLOR USD Ã 48 mm||WP XPLOR USD Ã 48 mm|
|Rear suspension:||WP XPLOR shock absorber with PDS||WP XPLOR shock absorber with PDS|
|Front / rear suspension displacement:||300mm / 11.8inch; 310 mm / 12.2 inch||300mm / 11.8inch; 310 mm / 12.2 inch|
|Front / rear brakes:||Brembo 260mm / 220mm disc brake||Brembo 260mm / 220mm disc brake|
|Front / rear rims:||1.60 x 21 “/ 2.15 x 18” giant||1.60 x 21 “/ 2.15 x 18” giant|
|Front / rear tires:||90 / 90-21 “/ 120 / 90-18” Continental TKC 80||90 / 90-21 “/ 120 / 90-18” Continental TKC 80|
|Chain:||5/8 x 1/4 in||5/8 x 1/4 in|
|Steering head angle:||26.5Âº||26.5Âº|
|Triple clamp offset:||22 mm||22 mm|
|Wheelbase:||1482mm Â± 10mm / 58.3 Â± 0.4inch||1482mm Â± 10mm / 58.3 Â± 0.4inch|
|Ground clearance :||355 mm / 14 in||355 mm / 14 in|
|Seat height :||960 mm / 37.8 inch||960 mm / 37.8 inch|
|Tank capacity, approx. :||8.5 L / 2.25 gal||8.5 L / 2.25 gal|
|Weight (without fuel), approx. :||107.8 kg / 237.6 lb||109 kg / 240.3 lb|
|MSRP ($ USD)||$ 11,399||$ 11,799|